Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #22 - Nings

Well, in my journey with the Web 2.0 world, I have learned a lot. Some has been completely new to me...and Nings is among them! I had never heard of a "ning" before, but of course I had heard of My Space and Facebook. I just didn't realize there were so many social networks out there like these two popular entities.

I explored Teacher Librarian Network. It is pretty neat. I like the Forum the best. In just the beginning of it there was a post about decorating a library. There were already 8 comments. I thought that was pretty cool and I could see myself posting a question or idea and getting a responses from people interested in the same area as me! I also saw that videos could be posted! Yet another Web 2.0 extension to YouTube and Teacher Tube! I could also access blogs to members and get even more information. Again, it is neat to be in a social group of people online who share the same interests as me.

I think I will use this to get information and belong to a group of people who understand the library world. It will be another avenue of information that will help me be better at what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment