Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing #13 - Tagging

I thought that Delicious was somewhat useful because of the tagging. As I was thinking about what to say about this on my blog, I thought, "Why don't I just use the 'Favorites' function on Internet Explorer?" Of course the tags are what is unique here. I could see using this as a librarian to sort and tag various websites for different research projects, my own personal sites, my own professional sites, etc.

I like the fact that I can type in the simplest word and see other's postings. I typed in toddler recipes and found some cool sites that I bookmarked myself. Of course, this could be used professionally in so many ways.

I can't figure out though how to share directly with certain people. Did I miss something? Can someone help me with this? I saw I can make a public profile however, but I don't know how to share specific sites. Can someone help me?

Update: I have just realized the value of Delicious in the real world. I have found some useful websites for my group presentation. I saved and tagged them in Delicious. They were there all together, and they were quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment