Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #14 - Technorati

This is another great tool in my toolbelt for finding relevant and specific information. Again, I am new to the "blogosphere" and this is another source I can use to find some blogs. I love how I can get as detailed or broad as I want in my searching. I also like the features like searching just tags or seeing the most popular blogs.

I could see myself using this more as I get more familiar with it and play around with it more. I probably will use it as a personal source first, and then as I get to know more names in the library world, I will expand my horizons.

I did add a widget/gadget to the side though...Technorati News...which I thought was pretty cool =).

Update: I must say though that I was a little frustrated. I watched the Technorati tutorial video and when I went to explore it and make my account, it didn't look anything like what I had just seen! It was very hard to search and I was a little confused by it all. Did any one else have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment