Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #19 - More Web 2.0 Tools

Well, this was a pretty neat list of other Web 2.0 Tools. I clicked on a BUNCH and played around with some. As I opened many though and read their descriptions, I found myself saying, "Huh?" Many of them surprisingly I have already heard of and have used. I guess I know more about Web 2.0 than I thought!


I played around with Writeboard and liked it for the most part. I liked that I could create a document, add comments, share it with others who can make changes, etc. However, I did not like that I could not format it automatically. I had to use their codes for a bulleted list or to make a numbered list. I think it would almost be easier to create a Word document, send it out, and let people make changes. However, with this program, multiple people could make changes, comments, additions, and deletions all in one place. All could see the changes made and then see the document before changes were made. I also like that it is password protected. I coul see using this for a collaboration lesson with teachers. We could create a Writeboard for any number of things and each make changes to it. But then again, can't we do that on a Wiki?


I also playe around more with Last.fm. I typed in Eli Young Band who I love just to see what would pop up. It was interesting because I could see their biography, charts for their songs, comments from the band, pictures, and videos. This would be more fun for personal use rather than school use, but maybe it could be used at the junior or high school level. Perhaps teachers or librarians could have students research and compare two artists and their styles. Of course, this would just be one source and it would have to be extensively evaluated before it could be used, but that is just an idea.


Overall, I find that the tools I have learned about through Library2Play are much more beneficial to me at the educational level. I might use more of the tools that I explore here for more personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment