Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing #8 - RSS Feeds

Before doing this, I had heard of RSS but had NO IDEA what it meant! It sounded very confusing and something I would never try. But, the video was fantastic! It really made it simple and now I am interested in keeping up with it!

For personal use, it is a great way to organize my favorite blogs and websites so that they are in one organized location! I don't have to scroll through long searches or forget where I found something interesting.

At the professional level, I can keep up with the lastest news and blogs with just a few clicks. We live in a world in which we want information now or not at all. With RSS feeds, that is possible!

An administrator or librarian could use this to keep up with current research and statistics in a certain area of personal or educational interest. Also, restating my point, a librarian can follow notable blogs and get updates in just one place. It saves an abundant amount of time searching and searching through thousands of pages and sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment