Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #15 - Library 2.0: Debated!

Well, the whole world of Web 2.0 was somewhat foreign to me. I guess, I should say the term was. Once I saw what it was I said to myself, "Oh that is what all of this is called!"

So as far as Library 2.0 is concerned, I feel it has an extremely important role today. Let's face it, the world has gone technical in all of its applications from home to office to car! In the library world, in order to fulfill the needs of our users (which is one of our standards anyway), we need stay abreast of all of the 2.0 tools that are out there. But we need to interact with the users and let them have a part in it all. The Wikipedia article on Library 2.0 helped me wrap my brain around this term and its features. In addition, this same article stresses the need of communication between the users and librarians.

Michaels Stephens' blog was also very interesting. He lays out key points librarians must put into place for Library 2.0
These include:
1. Making it accessible anywhere, anytime
2. Actually uses and puts the Libray 2.0 tools into practice
3. Has a critical eye when choosing technology tools
4. Makes quick and accurate decisions
5. Reads up on current trends in this realm
6. Librarians take part in it and hold dialogue with their users

I loved this blog! It made me really look at my own personal role in this whole new world of technology and its abundance of tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment