Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #2 - 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners

For me, the easiest habit is Habit #1 - Begin with the End in Mind. I do this naturally without even realizing that I am doing it! I think about my desired outcome and logically lay out the best way to get to that goal. I do this in almost every aspect of my life. Almost to a fault!

The hardest habit for me is Habit #3 - View problems as challenges. When a problem arises, my natural reaction is "Aw man! Now what?!" It is hard for me to see a problem as a way to learn something new.

From the first set of slides, I thought about how I could incorporate this into my classroom. I thought I could try to instill in my students that whether they realize it or not, they are learning! Most students may not realize that the classroom is not the only setting for learning. I will try to point out, model, and demonstrate all of the contexts in which they (and I) learn everyday. For example, when they are standing in the lunch line, they are learning the ways to behave in a large setting while trying to wait patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment