Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #17 - Rollyo

Rollyo is pretty neat. It seems to be a lot like the social bookmarking sites in some way in that my favorite sites are in one place. However, with Rollyo I can categorize those trusted sites all together, type in a keyword, and BOOM! I have a list that comes from all of my sites! I could see using this tool for research in the library. Students could log in and search from sites that I have evaluated myself. This keeps them researching, but they are protected too from anything inappropriate that may pop up.

From a personal standpoint, I could house all of different likes in regards to websites and save a lot of time by searching in just one place instead of 20!

I love to shop online, so I am going to create a Rollyo (and use some high rollers as well) that will allow me to search my favorite sites all at once. I was just searching for a particular dress for my daughter. I tried many different sites that I go to and it took a lot of time. I wish I had known about Rollyo then!

I put a Rollyo search box on my side bar. You can search a few of the searchrolls that I have created and have used from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment