Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing #9 - Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

I am new to the world of blogs and I do not know many names to search for yet. So I really like the Edublog awards search site. It is a way for me to see some of the top blogs that are finalists for a previous years. This was very helpful and easy to use.

I thought that School Library Blogs on Suprglu was nice too because again, it gave me some new choices and names to look for in the library world. There is a lot of information, a lot of blog links, and it was relatively easy to use.

I thought Bloglines was personally a little more difficult to use. I didn’t quite understand it and the layout was a little weird for me. Maybe once I get used to blogs and all of the terminology I will like it more.

I also really liked Topix.net! It is nice to have a search specifically for my zip code! This could be great at a school doing research about a particular area for example. I also like that the search can be limited to no blogs…just news sources. Nice touch!

1 comment:

  1. using award lists is a very good way to learn your way around the blogging world. Also be sure and check out some of the players in Library2Play...they will give you more ideas of good blogs to follow with postings about ones they find.

    ReplyDelete